Successfully complete the game on the Devil Hunter difficulty to unlock the Bloody Palace.
- Super Dante costume
Successfully complete the game on the Dante Must Die difficulty to unlock the Super Dante costume.
- Super Nero costume
Successfully complete the game on the Dante Must Die difficulty to unlock the Super Nero costume.
- Son Of Sparda mode
Successfully complete the game on the Devil Hunter difficulty to unlock the Son Of Sparda difficulty.
- Heaven Or Hell mode
Successfully complete the game on the Son Of Sparda difficulty to unlock the Heaven Or Hell difficulty.
- Dante Must Die mode
Successfully complete the game on the Son Of Sparda difficulty to unlock the Dante Must Die difficulty.
- Hell And Hell mode
Successfully complete the game on the Dante Must Die difficulty to unlock the Hell And Hell difficulty.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding artwork:
- Demon Invasion: Successfully complete the game on the Dante Must Die difficulty.Light From The Demon Blade: Successfully complete the game on the Hell And Hell difficulty.The Cast: Successfully complete the game on the Devil Hunter difficulty.The Demons and 12 publicity pictures: Successfully complete the game on the Son Of Sparda difficulty.The Ladies Of Devil May Cry: Successfully complete the game on the Heaven Or Hell difficulty.The Two Heroes and 29 character images: Successfully complete the game on the Human or Devil Hunter difficulty.
- Alternate ending sequence
Successfully complete the game. Then during the credits mini-game, protect Kyrie for over 90 seconds to view the rest of the ending sequence featuring Dante, Trish, and Lady.
- Keeping Dreadnaught armor
This trick requires a fully leveled-up Royal Guard style. You must posses the “Dreadnaught” ability. Dreadnaught is performed by holding RB + Left Analog-stick Away + B. This ability encases you in invulnerable armor, based upon how full your Royal gauge is. You can still perform Dreadnaught with an empty Royal gauge and get about five seconds of invulnerability. You will also suffer limited movement during a Dreadnaught. Perform Dreadnaught, and at the precise moment it runs out, switch your melee weapon (RT). If done quickly enough, you will keep the Dreadnaught armor and be able to move normally. Note: You will still be able to fully take damage.
- Easy Red Orbs in Mission 7: The She-Viper
Use the following trick to get approximately 4,300 Red Orbs in about twenty seconds. At the start of the mission, destroy the rocks to your left. Enter the tunnel, and destroy the rocks. You will see the big red crystal near the Secret Mission. In order to get the most Orbs, start with the Stinger, then immediately activate Devil Trigger mode, and quickly mash away. Then, press Start, select “Systems”, and choose “Retry Mission”. This is the easiest way to get a lot of Red Orbs in a short amount of time.
- Defeating Berial
Use Grim Grip to reel yourself close to his head, and attack with your sword. Once the combos are done, use Grim Grip while still in the air. When his flames are gone, jump up to his head. Grab his head with the Devil Bringer, then once he lands from that, use Devil Bringer again to throw and punch him. Then, run a short distance away because he will release an explosion around him. Make sure to pick up Green Orbs from the destroyed buildings, and roll to avoid his flame geysers and sword attack. Continue attacking this way, and use your Charge Shot to defeat him in under a minute.
- Defeating Blitzes
Use the following trick to defeat a Blitz with Nero. To lower the Blitz “electricity shield” quickly, use charged pistol shots with Devil Trigger mode activated. Charge a shot. Activate Devil Trigger mode. Release the shot, maybe a few more. Turn off Devil Trigger mode, and repeat. This will quickly give you Super Smokin Stylish before he has even dropped his shield. This will work even with a level 1 Charge Shot, but is much easier if you have level 3. Once his shield is gone, use Devil Trigger mode again. Use the Devil Bringer to devastate him. Three throws should be enough to send him into “red mode”. Once he goes red, he will try to grab you and kill himself to seriously drain your life or kill you. Shoot normal shots at him to get more Smokin Stylish points and defeat him.
Use the following trick to defeat a Blitz with Dante. Use the Royal Guard style along with the Gilgamesh gauntlets. While the Blitz is in his yellow “electricity shield” state, get close to him and press [Melee] + [Style] repeatedly and quickly. You will be performing a punch and canceling it with a Royal Block very quickly. Think of the [Style] move as the attack. Try to constantly use [Melee] + [Style] repeatedly. You will raise the letter grade of your style meter with each hit, and quickly lower the electric shielding. You are basically hitting the shield yourself, then blocking that hit so fast that you cannot see it happen. Again, just press [Melee] + [Style] at the same time. This may be somewhat tricky at first, but eventually becomes easy. Once his shield is lowered, quickly switch to swordmaster style. Use Real Impact uppercut with the Gilgamesh gauntlets at least twice. Perform a Kick 13 if time permits, and/or a Shocking. He will go into his overdriven “Red Mode”. Quickly switch to Lucifer, and perform Bondage. If done correctly, you should defeat him and get a huge stylish ranking from one Blitz.
- Defeating Demonic Bosses
You can use Nero’s Devil Bringer to defeat Demonic Bosses. Before you daze any demonic Boss, get your Devil Trigger as high as possible. As soon as the enemy is dazed, activate Devil Trigger mode, and use the uppercut on them. Using it in different areas of the enemy’s body results in a good combo.
- Defeating Sanctus
Do the following to defeat Sanctus inside of Sparda in Mission 20. While Sanctus is airborne in his shield, get close and break it with sword attacks just like earlier in the game. However, he will sometimes block with the Sword of Sparda. When he does this, use the uppercut technique to break his guard. If you are skilled, you should use the Devil Trigger while he is in the air to use a special combo to force him to the ground. If you fail to do the air combo, just let him fall to the ground. You may be able to get a few sword-based shots in, but do not try to rely on this because he may escape. At this point, use the uppercut in Devil Trigger mode, if possible. Afterwards, he will go back to being airborne again, in which case you should not use the Devil Trigger. After you have gotten his health down to around 10% to 15%, he will use a charging sword attack (however, if you have perfected the aforementioned combo, you may bypass this). Defeating him requires timing. At precisely the correct moment of his charge towards you, uppercut to break his guard. Again, as soon as it is broken, Devil Trigger uppercut to finish him off. In the second battle against Sanctus, as the False Prophet, timing is once again crucial. All you must do is uppercut his attacks away.
- Defeating Sparda
Sparda can be knocked down by using Pandora’s PF398 Revenge technique. With Pandora equipped, hold X and make two complete circles with the Left Analog-stick, then shoot at Sparda. It may require two shots, but he will fall as though you used the stationary cannon.
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- A Comfortable Pace (10 points): Clear mission 11 in Human mode.Easy Does It (10 points): Clear all missions in Human mode.Half Way There (10 points): Clear mission 11 in Devil Hunter mode.Done and Done (20 points): Clear all missions in Devil Hunter mode.The Best of the Rest (20 points): Clear all missions in Human mode with an S ranking.A Cut Above (30 points): Clear all missions in Devil Hunter Mode with an S ranking.Smokin’! (10 points): Complete a Stylish Rank S (Smokin’!) combo.Smokin’ Style!! (10 points): Complete a Stylish Rank SS (Smokin’ Style!!) combo.Smokin’ Sick Style!!! (10 points): Complete a Stylish Rank SSS (Smokin’ Sick Style!!!) combo.Simply Spectacular (10 points): Complete a mission with an S ranking.River of Red (10 points): Acquire 10,000 Red Orbs.Filled with Pride (10 points): Acquire 10,000 Proud Souls.Rookie Devil Hunter (10 points): Defeat a total of 100 enemies.
Additionally, there are 33 secret achievements:
- Rock and a Hard Place (10 points): Clear mission 11 in Son of Sparda mode.Hardly A Simple Task (30 points): Clear all missions in Son of Sparda mode.Easier Said Than Done (10 points): Clear mission 11 in Dante Must Die mode.All Bow Before You (40 points): Clear all missions in Dante Must Die mode.Step into the Light (10 points): Clear all missions in Heaven or Hell mode.Tonight, We Dine in Hell (10 points): Clear all missions in Hell or Hell mode.A Stunning Feat (40 points): Clear all missions in Son of Sparda mode with an “S” rank.Never Say Die (50 points): Clear all missions in Dante Must Die mode with an “S” rank.A Throne of Glory (50 points): Clear all game modes.Nothing Left Unsaid (10 points): Clear all secret missions.The First Circle (10 points): Clear stage 10 of Bloody Palace mode.The Second Circle (10 points): Clear stage 20 of Bloody Palace mode.The Third Circle (10 points): Clear stage 30 of Bloody Palace mode.The Fourth Circle (10 points): Clear stage 40 of Bloody Palace mode.The Fifth Circle (10 points): Clear stage 50 of Bloody Palace mode.The Sixth Circle (10 points): Clear stage 60 of Bloody Palace mode.The Seventh Circle (10 points): Clear stage 70 of Bloody Palace mode.The Eight Circle (10 points): Clear stage 80 of Bloody Palace mode.The Ninth Circle (10 points): Clear stage 90 of Bloody Palace mode.Covered in Blood (40 points): Clear all Bloody Palace mode stages.King of the Palace (50 points): Clear all Bloody Palace mode stages with an “S” rank.Speak of the Devil (20 points): Clear the game with Super Nero (Dante).Modus Vivendi (10 points): Extend the Vitality Gauge to maximum capacity.Bat Out of Hell (10 points): Extend the Devil Trigger Gauge to maximum capacity.Your Cup Runeth Over (20 points): Acquire 100,000 Red Orbs.Red Orb Millionaire (40 points): Acquire 1,000,000 Red Orbs.Brimming with Pride (20 points): Acquire 100,00 Proud Souls.Proud Millionaire (40 points): Acquire 1,000,000 Proud Souls.Skilled Devil Hunter (30 points): Defeat a total of 1,000 enemies.Legendary Devil Hunter (50 points): Defeat a total of 10,000 enemies.Item Collector (50 points): Acquire a maximum of all items.Skill Collector – Nero (50 points): Acquire all of Nero’s skills.Skill Collector – Dante (50 points): Acquire all of Dante’s skills.
- Defeating Sanctus